Waterbird Park Retrofit
COMPLETE Urban undertook the detailed design for the Waterbird Park Retrofit project located in Highland Park, Queensland. The scope of project included the following:
- Multiple site inspections of Waterbird Park, Discovery Park and Currumbin Creek Rehabilitation with respective Project Managers; Compile various site aerial photograph comparisons from historical images and present a range of site photographs including heavy rainfall events;
- Undertake a hydrological assessment and prepare associated catchment plan;
- Undertake the updating of the existing flood model in the vicinity of the project site;
- Undertake a 1D / 2D hydraulic assessment including natural channel hydraulics for the pre-developed and post-developed scenarios for both stages;
- Undertake flood modelling utilising HEC-RAS for the 2 storages (sediment basin and inlet zone) plus the vegetated swale drain to determine flooding impacts;
- Compile photos of local installations of Floating Reedbeds (FRB’s).