Richmond Swimming Centre Redevelopment
The existing 1960s Richmond Swimming Centre is an ageing facility located within the Hawkesbury LGA. COMPLETE Urban were engaged to undertake a business case and concept plan for the proposed redevelopment of the Richmond Swimming Centre in order to increase usage by transforming the centre in order to make it an all-season facility.
The proposed upgrades will feature:
- All-season usage through an indoor and outdoor aquatic space allowing a new 8 lane 50m pool with separable boom that separates into two 25m pools (one with the ability to enclose during winter}.
- Accessibility upgrades to make the pools accessible to members of the community that are less mobile (children and adults), especially for popular aqua aerobics classes.
- Interactive, zero-depth splash feature park for young children.
- Increased shade throughout the site.
- Additional community infrastructure including picnic facilities.
- Improved water efficiency upgrades to aging plant and equipment.
The project was successfully awarded State Government funding in January 2022.