William St Upgrade
COMPLETE undertook the design development, detailed design and construction supervision of the William Street upgrade project for Woollahra Municipal Council. Paddington’s William Street is an iconic side street filled with terrace houses that are home to numerous fashion boutiques and galleries, and also hosts the annual William Street Festival.
The works included:
- Footpath widening on both sides of William Street for a length of approximately 200m;
- Upgrading of the footpath surfacing to the Oxford Street style paving;
- Raised intersection treatments and associated stormwater design to improve pedestrian access and amenity and to aid traffic calming;
- Retention of the existing heritage bluestone street name kerb inlays; and
- Cost estimate with constant review and design amendments to ensure construction cost estimate aligned with Council budget.